Your Key Guide to Win in Video PokerJan 23, 2023 | 1 Votes
Video poker is not a game in which you should rely solely on your luck. With the right approach to the process, you can increase your chances of success. Today we will discuss how to choose the appropriate strategy for video poker, what game options exist, what combinations most often appear on the machine screen, etc.
We'll show you how to get the most out of your gaming experience. At the same time, remember that any machine works based on RNG, so no strategy guarantees you a 100% chance of winning.
Tips for Video Poker Players
Before playing video poker with real cash, we suggest you run the selected machine several times in a demo. So, you can understand the principle of the slot and get acquainted with its rules without risk. Below, we list some more essential tips for video poker players:
- Check out the paytable. Each hand is unique in video poker, so knowing the paytable is essential. Online players have one significant advantage - the paytable is displayed at the top of the game screen, so you do not need to remember anything.
- Play at the maximum stakes. We would suggest that you use your full potential when playing video poker. If a winning combination appears on the field, such as a royal flush, you will have every chance to get a huge prize.
- Don't fold low cards.Keep a few cards in your hand, even if they have a low score. It's better to keep a scoring game than to risk being left without a win after folding in an attempt to collect more vital cards.
- Break up straights and flushes whenever possible. Sometimes, it is better to break a color or a straight one to make a royal flush. Be guided by the situation. Sometimes, you should stick to the combination you have in your hands.
Main Rules of Video Poker
A successful game is impossible without knowing the basic rules of poker. The gameplay in video poker is a cross between a classic game and slots. It is important to remember that there are several varieties of video poker, each of which has its characteristics.
Jacks or Better
Jacks or Better is the most famous game format, in which you will receive a prize payout only when you collect two jacks in your hands. Here are a few more rules to keep in mind:
1. The game has nine winning combinations, but each contains jacks.
2. The main prize is a royal flush. With it, you will increase your bet by 250 times.
3. Prizes are calculated only for the most valuable combinations on the field.
Bonus Poker, Double Bonus, or Double Double Bonus
All the games listed are well-known options that you can find at any online casino. Among the basic rules that you need to know are the following:
- there is an increased number of prize combinations;
- different hands receive different bonus payouts;
- the highest payouts are for premium hands.
Deuces Wild and Jokers Wild
In these game variations, deuces and jacks become wild, as the name implies. They perform the same role as in a regular slot - the wild symbol replaces any other card on the field and takes part in the composition of the prize combination.
A few more features:
1. In these games, it is much easier to form prize combinations on the field using wilds, which is reflected in the number of prize payouts. They are lower than in other machines.
2. During the game, you can discard absolutely any number of cards.
What Are the Chances of Winning in Video Poker
Each combination in video poker has its chance of falling out after the hand. Here are some examples of combinations:
- Royal Flush 650,000 to 1
- Four Aces with a Kicker 16236 to 1
- Four Aces 5761 to 1
- Four of a Kind 423 to 1
- Full House 90 to 1
- Straight 80 to 1
Simply put, less-paying combinations appear on the game screen more often than those that can bring you massive winnings.
Where to Start
The right approach to the gameplay will allow you to significantly increase the chances of getting prize money in gambling. It is better to start by choosing a suitable game. There are several factors to pay attention to:
1. High payout percentage – Pay attention to the RTP indicator. The higher it is, the better for you. An indicator of 97% means that out of the $100 wagered, 97 dollars can be returned in the future. Keep in mind that this applies to all games in general.
2. Check out the available casino bonuses – Not all welcome bonuses are suitable for video poker. Sometimes, you will need to wait for specific promotions. Carefully read all the terms and conditions for using and wagering the bonus before activating it.
3. Be aware of your safety – Do not play on dubious sites that are not licensed or regulated by anyone. You will likely come across scammers who will appropriate your money.
Before you register to play video poker at an online casino, please make sure the site has all the necessary security and encryption certificates installed. This will ensure that no personal and confidential information about you will be transferred to third parties.